AVSI Foundation is a global non-governmental organization with headquarters in Italy. Its mission is to support human development in developing countries according to the social teaching of the Catholic Church: recognizing the uniqueness of each person, who as such cannot be reduced to a number within an anonymous category such as “the poor, the sick, and the disabled”. Furthermore, every person and every community represent a resource, regardless of their vulnerability. This is why AVSI works to help people in becoming aware of their own value and dignity. AVSI is operating in South Sudan since 2005, implementing medium to long-term sustainable health, education, water & sanitation, food security and emergency relief programmes.
The organisation is now seeking to recruit suitable qualified South Sudanese national for the position of Warehouse assistant.
Duty Station: Ikotos County, Imotong State
Logistic, administrative and office management support in managing AVSI activities in EES (particularly in Isohe base) in general with particular focus on warehouse management for effective implementations projects implementation.
• Under the direction of senior logistician and AVSI management, count, release, register and follow up the distribution of commodities for the projects;
• Keep accurate stock-cards of goods transiting (in and out) of AVSI Isohe Base and inform management of necessary orders, when stocks are low;
• Support the establishment and update databases of store inventories.
• Supporting data collection in the county and its submission to the Data Clerk and management as appropriate.
• To facilitate the organization of and logistic support to managerial trainings organized by AVSI in the framework of project implementation.
• Prepare/support preparation of stock cards, delivery note records and vehicle fueling and maintenance records, and any other logbook regarding the compound structures.
• Preparation of delivery notes for any items to be sent from AVSI stores to other locations in accordance with donor requirements.
• If requested, implement purchase orders according to AVSI procedures.
• Guarantee the proper storage of all relevant documents to trace order history.
• To support AVSI Logistic and management in the administration and implementation of payments
• Inform the supervisor of any necessary extraordinary maintenance works needed on the different AVSI compounds.
• Participation in field assessments and facility (schools, health facilities) supervision visits when requested
• Any other duties and tasks as assigned by the Supervisor
First and Second Supervisor:
Logistic Manager & Area Team Leader
• Must have a secondary education certificate.
Knowledge and experience
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in logistic store keeping.
• Experience in working in NFI/FSL sector will be an added advantage
• Fluency in using computer, particularly MS Excel
• Reporting experience, problem solving and diplomatic skills
• Working experience with an INGO or private sector will be an added advantage.
• Previous work experience/ knowledge of the terriotry in Ikotos, Kidepo, Geria County is an added advantage
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Fluency in written and spoken English, spoken Juba Arabic
• Women are encouraged to apply.
• Proactive and takes initiative.
• Respect when dealing with others.
• Presentable, outgoing with a pleasant character
• Identify him/herself with the mission, vision and values of AVSI.
How to Apply:
Applications should include updated Curriculum Vitae (CV), National ID and cover letter. In the cover letter (of no more than two pages in length) the candidate should briefly describe his or her motivation for the position and highlight relevant experience.
The above documents can be delivered to any AVSI Office in the Country:
• Torit – On Katire Road before CHF compound
• Isohe – Next to St. Theresa Clinic.
Or send in soft copy to: email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
CC email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS IS March 6th 2017
Due to the urgency of these roles, AVSI reserves the right to shortlist applications prior to the closing date.