The agriculture sector plays an important role towards rural development which in turn plays a vital role towards economic development being one of the major sources of income in developing countries. It is a major creator of jobs and plays a key role towards realization of food security in any particular nation. This training program is intended to help the participants embrace agribusiness enterprise development to promote rural development, economic development and act a means to sustain their livelihoods.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is intended for various Experts in Agriculture; Extension officers, Agricultural officials and Decision makers working with local people, in governments, donor organization, Non-profit oriented organizations for Agriculture Development programmes.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
• Understand basic in agribusiness enterprise development.
• Gain knowledge on agribusiness diversification.
• Gain skills on the role of agribusiness growth in rural development.
• Understand the gender role in agribusiness enterprise development.
• Gain skills farm management planning.
• Understand how the economic forces affect both agribusiness and rural development.
Basic Concepts in Agribusiness
• What is agribusiness?
• Rural Sociology
• Entrepreneurship in farming
• Agribusiness development and rural development
• Agribusiness development and food security
• Factors hindering agribusiness development in rural areas
Agribusiness Enterprise Development
• Basic concepts in agro-entrepreneurship
• Production resources
• Nature of agribusiness products
• Risks and risk management in agriculture
• Agricultural marketing and management
• Value addition of agricultural products
• Cooperatives and their role in agribusiness development
Farm Management Plan
• Strategic plan
• Business plans
• Viability analysis
• Management strategies plan
• Natural resources plan
• What is agribusiness diversification?
• Drivers of diversification
• Types of diversification
• Opportunities for diversification
• Non-farm diversification
Cross-cutting issues in Agribusiness Enterprise Development
• Economic forces effect on agribusiness development
• Economic importance of agriculture and sustainable development
• Gender and marginalized groups role in agribusiness rural development
• Role of technology in agribusiness and rural development
• Role of government in agribusiness enterprise development
• Agribusiness incubation and innovation
EVENT FEE & REGISTRATION
The training event fee is USD$1050, This caters for Facilitation, 2 Refreshment breaks (Morning & Afternoon Snack) & Buffet Lunch during the entire training period. This does not cover accommodation and travel logistics. We can organize for your Accommodation & Airport pick up at an Extra cost.
To Register online for this course click on this link (REGISTER ONLINE) or click on this link for more details (MORE COURSE DETAILS)