Saint Mary’s College - Juba
School of Education
JOB VACANCY: Lecturers
Saint Mary’s College is a Higher Education Institution founded in 2008 with the support of OVCI and AVSI. The College is currently composed of two Schools: School of Rehabilitation Sciences and School of Education. The aim of the College is to produce qualified professionals in health and education sectors.
St. Mary’s College is the first private higher education institution recognized and accredited as a private higher education institution by the Ministry of Higher Education in the Republic of South.
The School of Education has a strong conviction that participation in professional development activities have a significant positive impact on teachers’ beliefs and practice, students’ learning and on the implementation of educational reforms. It therefore looks forward to provide rich learning experience for the trainees into whose hands the future of our country is placed. It is very important therefore to have professionally qualified lecturers to ensure the right development of the pupils.
St. Mary’s College is inviting application for position of Lecturers in the following subject areas:
(a) Sciences (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology)
(b) Education Professional Subject areas
© English Language
(d) General Subject areas (Comparative Education; History and Geography; Curriculum Studies; Physical Education; Educational Research, Measurement and Evaluation)
Qualifications: Applicant must have a first or Upper Second (2:1) degree in the relevant subject area(s).
Applicants with a Lower Second (2:2) may be considered if the applicant has gained further qualifications and experience. Consideration may also be given to those who are working towards, a relevant PhD along with:
• Demonstrable experience of, (or clear potential for) lecturing/teaching;
• The ability to produce original research;
• Early publication of academic work.
Skills: Applicant will need to have:
• the ability to sustain an interest in and enthusiasm for the specialist area(s) and to impart this to students and peers;
• expertise in the particular subject area(s);
• the potential to expand knowledge in order to teach a broad curriculum;
• excellent oral and written communication skills (English);
• confidence in dealing with a range of students;
• the ability to organise workload within competing demands;
• the capability to work professionally as part of a team;
• excellent analytical skills;
• commitment to the profession and continuing professional development (CPD);
• a flexible approach to work;
• good IT skills.
What to expect
A successful applicant will be expected:
• To be able to split his/her time between lectures/tutorials contacts, administrative tasks and his/her own research activities. The amount of time devoted to each activity depends on ones specialities.
• To work in lecture theatres, laboratories and, if their area of study includes field work, outdoors.
• To share an office with other lecturers.
How to Apply:
Applications should include:
• Updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
• National ID
• Degree Certificate
• Covering Letter - briefly describing applicant’s motivation for the position and highlighting relevant experience.
The above documents can be delivered to the office of the Dean of School of Education, St. Mary’s College, Juba. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The closing date for the receipt of application is 14th July 2017