CERTIFIED BY NITA
New developments in data science offer a tremendous opportunity to improve decision-making In the development world there has been an increase in the number of data gathering initiative such as baseline surveys Socio-Economic Surveys, Demographic and Health Surveys Nutrition Surveys Food Security Surveys, Program Evaluation Surveys, Employees customers and vendor satisfaction surveys, and opinion polls among others, all intended to provide data for decision making.
It is essential that these efforts go beyond merely generating new insights from data but also to systematically enhance individual human judgment in real development contexts.
How can organizations better manage the process of converting the potential of data science to real development outcomes? How can organizations go beyond merely generating new insights to changing behaviors — not only of their employees, but beneficiary and communities too?
This five days hands-on course is tailored to put all these important consideration into perspective.
It is envisioned that upon completion, the participants will be empowered with the necessary skills to produce accurate and cost effective data and reports that are useful and friendly for decision making.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is a general course targeting participants with elementary knowledge of Statistics from Agriculture, Economics, Food Security and Livelihoods, Nutrition, Education, Medical or public health professionals among others who already have some statistical knowledge, but wish to be conversant with the concepts and applications of statistical modeling. No Prior attendance of a Stata/SPSS/R course is required. The training is designed for participants who are reasonably proficient in English.
• Understand and appropriately use statistical terms and concepts
• Design and Implement universally acceptable Surveys
• Convert data into various formats using appropriate software
• Perform simple to complex data manipulation using Ms Excel
• Perform basic data analysis tasks with SPSS/Stata/R
• Perform simple to complex data management tasks using SPSS/Stata/R
• Correctly identify appropriate statistical test for basic analysis s and perform them using SPSS/Stata or R as the participant choose
• Use mobile data gathering tools such as Open Data Kit (ODK)
• Use GIS software to plot and display data on basic maps
• Use Google Doc and Google maps to collaborate and sharing information
• Write reports from survey data
• Put strategies to improve data demand and use in decision making
View Research, Data Management and Statistical Analysis Institute Course Catalogue
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814, +254 731240802, +254 735331020.
Email [email protected]