Intex Management Institute offers Online and Distance Learning Certificate Course in Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Management:
Start Date: 11th September 2019
Course End Date: 11th November 2019
Registration Deadline: 10th September 2019
Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Management:
Access to clean water, good sanitation and hygiene is very important and plays a key role in the good health practices and wider community development. Poor WASH practices can lead to diseases such as diarrhea, cholera, typhoid, pneumonia, trachoma, malaria, yellow fever and many others.
It is widely accepted that provision of WASH services will only bring benefits if the people using the services are willing to recognize their own role and responsibilities, by adopting good hygiene practices and new methods of waste disposal. The users should also be able to participate in, or at least be aware of, the planning, design and management of WASH services.
Aim of the Course
The course provides learners with an understanding of WASH principles to improve sustainable access to domestic water supply, sanitation and hygiene behaviors.
- Introduction to WASH
- Role of Frontline WASH workers
- Introduction to the Principles and Concepts of Hygiene and Environmental Health
- Environmental Health Hazards
- Public Health
- Assessing public health in emergency and development setting
- Emergency WASH Behavior
- Water provision, control and pollution
- Treatment of Drinking Water at Household and Community Level
- Community Drinking Water Source Protection
- Urban WASH
- Existing WASH Service Provision
- Stakeholders in Urban WASH
- Sustainability of WASH services
- Monitoring and Evaluation
By the end of the training the learners will be able to:
• Describe the characteristics of urban communities and how they can affect behaviour and environmental responsibility.
• Explain the importance of social accountability and community involvement for effective and sustainable WASH services.
• Discuss the different approaches that are available to influence people’s behaviour in the home, in schools and other institutions, and in the wider community.
• Plan and undertake community engagement activities to achieve sustainable change in WASH behaviour.
• Explain how monitoring and evaluation should be used to assess impact of WASH interventions.
• Examine indicators of performance in WASH and wider environmental health
This course is suitable for people working in civil society of Non-governmental organizations, government institutions, water industries, those working os supporting work in low and middle income areas/countries, and any other individual who wants an understanding of approaches to WASH situations especially in the developing world.
Intex Management Institute was registered in 1983. We have been offering a wide range of Human Resource Management training programs both online and open workshops, building capacity to enhance effective service delivery for NGOs, CBOs, Public and Private sector.
We have trained and currently training participants from various organizations across Africa such as UNDP - Burundi, World Food Programme - Zimbabwe, SOS Children – Somalia, and specifically organization from South Sudan are State Ministry of Education, MEDAIR, Norwegian Refugee - Liberia, Zenab for Women Development, Action AID, Caritas, International Organization for Migration, International Committee of the Red Cross, UNHCR, Save the Children, Medical Corps, Peace Relief Development, World Vision, Action Against Hunger, UNICEF, Plan International, Norwegian Refugee Council, Johanniter International, Islamic Relief Worldwide, Peace Relief Development , AMREF, World Health Organization, USAID, International Committee of the Red Cross, Action Africa Help (AAH) International, Catholic Relief Services (CRS) just to mention but a few.
• All training materials will be availed through online or distance learning.
• You are expected to submit weekly assignments via email
• You will receive feedback from our committed instructors.
• Learn at your own time schedule
• At the end of the course you will be issued with a Certificate.
Course Duration : 8 weeks (2 months)
Region : Global
Course Fee : USD 300
Language : English
Email: [email protected]