Diploma in Public Health in Humanitarian Crises.
Among the greatest challenges to ensuring the health of populations are natural and man made catastrophes. Tsunamis, hurricanes and tornadoes—some of which are driven by long-term climate change—have displaced millions in recent years. Armed conflicts continue to destroy communities, wreaking havoc on food, sanitation, and supply chains, and propelling survivors into fragile refugee camps and crowded urban areas. Increasingly, humanitarian responders are also asked to promote health systems development in fragile states and post conflict scenarios.
Across all continents, there is a critical need for technically competent public health professionals who understand the global dynamics of acute and complex emergencies, including the continuum from prevention and risk reduction to emergency response, and the transition to development. Participants for this course will be equipped with the most up-to-date needs of international humanitarian organizations and acquire the skills necessary to succeed in complex emergencies, fragile states and post conflict environments.
- Humanitarian Disasters and Public Health
- Humanitarian Actors and coordination
- Water sanitation and Hygiene
- Livelihoods and food security in humanitarian crises
- Nutrition and humanitarian crises
- Management of diseases in Humanitarian Crises
- Health care in Humanitarian emergencies
- Shelter in Humanitarian setting
- Protection of displaced populations; human rights and Human law
- Emerging risks, challenges and opportunities for future Humanitarian emergencies.
The course participation fee is 400 USD . You will receive an invoice by email after registration. More information is available in the event link provided in this page. Registration will be closed as soon as the course is full and your place is secured once your payment is confirmed.
For More information: Please Visit https://bit.ly/2lFz0u0
Email: [email protected]