LOCATION: Lasu Refugee Camp – Yei –South Sudan
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ACROSS is looking for a suitably qualified candidate for the position of Nutrition Assistants to be based in Yei implementing the Across UNICEF funded Nutrition Program in Lasu Refugee Camp in the former Central Equatoria State. The Nutrition Assistants will work at the PHCC or outreach sites in the camp and ensure there is screening and referral of malnourished children. They shall be key in working together with Community Nutrition Volunteers to ensure that key messaging on IYCF/IMSAM are passed to the community and harmful practices avoided. The candidate shall perform the following duties as listed below;
· She/he reports to the nutrition Officer.
· To screen children for malnutrition through taking weight, height, MUAC.
· Enrolling the children who are moderately malnourished in TSFP program
· Recording the beneficiaries’ anthropometric measurement in the register.
· She/he distributes the therapeutic foods to the beneficiaries U5 children and PLWs.
· Educates the child caregivers on the food preparation procedure especially the CSB ++
· Compile the nutrition center report together with team leader.
· Participate in general MUAC screening assessment in the camp for both U5 and PLWs.
· Educate mothers on the importance of giving the therapeutic food to the malnourished child only and in the right quantities per day.
· Ensures that the admission cards are available in the nutrition centers by liaising with supervisor to print more before you run short of the supply in the Center.
· Ensures that the admission register book for U5 TSFP, PLWs TSFP and BSFP are up to date.
· She/he participates in community mobilization to sensitize to the community on the distribution days and any upcoming program activities.
· Notifies the nutrition supervisor on the status of the anthropometric tools as soon as they detect any measurement discrepancy especially the weighing scales and height boards.
· Work together with supervisor in compiling nutrition mass screening data.
· Any other task assigned to them by the nutrition overall supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS – ESSENTIAL
Applications shall not be considered from candidates who do not possess ALL the Essential Qualifications
The position requires completion of secondary education. Nutrition Experience is advantageous.
Fluency in the local language and knowledge of local culture are required
Positive and professional attitude, able to organize, maintain and prioritize work under pressure and able to work in hardship environment;
Experience in anthropometric measuring techniques and community mobilization.
Experience in screening and referral of severe malnutrition will be an added advantage.
Experience in nutritional survey as data collector is an added advantage.
High level of integrity, accuracy, attention to detail and ability to detect inconstancies and inaccuracies
Ability to work quickly and accurately, follow operational and programme procedures.
Committed Christian with a heart for disadvantaged communities as refugees
Hardworking, and able to work under pressure on short deadlines with flexibility and minimum supervision
Demonstrate excellence, stewardship, and collaborative abilities.
Display trustworthiness, honesty, confidentiality and should be comfortable working in a team setting.
Addressed to the Across HR Office by 4th July, 2016 to the following address:
Bulluk, Off Ministry Road, Next to UNHCR
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and the successful candidate maybe appointed even before the expiry of deadline