The Africa School of Project Management (ASPM) was established in the year 2000 in Kenya as a membership based professional management organisation. The school was formed to address capacity building needs among development partners, donor organizations, Government agencies, International and private sector firms in Africa.
The school has been pivotal in capacity building in South Sudan, South Africa, Botswana, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, Congo, Somalia, Tanzania, Burundi and Rwanda. The school has trained over 12,000 staffs who are involved in different projects and also conducted surveys, evaluations and research in different projects and businesses in Africa.
Disaster preparedness refers to measures taken to prepare for and reduce the effects of disasters. That is, to predict and—where possible—prevent them, mitigate their impact on vulnerable populations, and respond to and effectively cope with their consequences.
Disaster preparedness is a continuous and integrated process resulting from a wide range of activities and resources rather than from a distinct sectoral activity by itself. It requires the contributions of many different areas—ranging from training and logistics, to health care to institutional development.
Key Training Modules.
- Overview of disaster preparedness
- Introduction to project design
- Monitoring & Evaluation of Disaster projects
- Disaster management cycle ( Mitigation, Preparedness, Response and Recovery)>
- Education and public awareness
- Hazards, disasters and vulnerability
- Disaster classifications
- Disaster preparedness measures
- Community-Based Disaster Preparedness
- Integrating disaster preparedness with
- Media and Disaster management
- Disaster associated health issues
- Emergency health services and communicable diseases
- Physical and socio-economic impacts of disasters
- Developing disaster preparedness plans
- Provision of first aid services
- The role of technology in disaster management
- Formulation of fundraising concept papers
- Developing comprehensive project proposal.
- Organisational capacity Assessment for grants
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS)- Application in Disaster management
The tuition fee is USD 1,300 Exclusive VAT. The rates cater for; • Six hours training every day • Training materials on soft / hard copy or both • Certificate • Meals-Tea at 10 Am, Lunch, Tea at 4 Pm • One Tour or visit to our National parks/Zoo • Airport transfers
How to Register
Kindly, drop us mail at [email protected] or apply online through