World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision serves all people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.
World Vision is looking for a dynamic person to fill the position of Non-Food Item Officer (NFI) (Man or Woman) in its Office, based in Juba.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To Plan and conduct assessments, verification and registration of NFI beneficiaries and to implement the distribution and Reporting of Non Food Items (NFIs) through the Mobile team Mechanism. The position is also to lead the Mobile NFI team in conduction the above activities.
• Lead the NFI team (NFI monitors and NFI casuals) in conducting NFI Assessments, Verification and Registration of NFI beneficiaries through a mobile team and in collaboration with other implementing partners working through the NFI Cluster.
• Ensure NFI/GIK reports are accurately prepared and submitted on time as per donors or stakeholders standards; (NFI Cluster reporting Formats are to be.)
• Ensure NFI distributions are carried out in accordance with the donor standards;
• Provide support and capacity building to all NFI monitors and NFI casuals that will be working under your supervision.
• Support the NFI operations during emergency response by providing on site operation monitoring for all aspects of NFI and closely collaborating with other sectors in developing sound NFI distribution plans and effective management of NFI operations.
• Ensure that good working relationships are developed with community leaders in all the areas that the NFI team might be asked to operate and conduct any NFI related activities.
• Manage the implementation of NFIs ensuring that all needed reports (weekly, Monthly plans, assessment, distribution reports etc) are done timely.
• Work in close collaboration with NFI coordinator and ensure that the NFI operations and done effectively and efficiently.
• Carry out any other duties that may be assigned by the NFI Coordinator or Management.
• QUALIFICATION & REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree/Diploma in logistics, supply chain management or any related technical filed.
• Must have some Field level humanitarian operations experience.
• Knowledge in emergency response operations.
• Experience in Working with Non Food Items and GIK.
• Good interpersonal skills, adaptability, flexibility and ability to prioritize tasks
• Demonstrates Christ-cantered life and work
• Understands and is committed to WV’s vision, mission and core values
• South Sudanese Nationals only.
APPLICATION & DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION:
Please send your application by this email [email protected] or make hand deliver to World Vision Office in Juba.
Your application should include:
• A cover letter addressed to the People & Culture Director
• A comprehensive CV
Deadline: Closing by 30th November 2016
We regret in advance that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
The candidate selected should comply with CHILD PROTECTION POLICY