World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision serves all people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.
World Vision is looking for a dynamic person to fill the position of Education Project Manager, (Man or Woman) for its UNICEF-PCA Education Grant, based in Malakal, Greater Upper Nile, South Sudan.
Purpose of the Position:
The Project manager - Education and Protection for conflict affected children in Upper Nile State Project is responsible to the overall management, implementation and program coordination to achieve high quality results in line with acceptable technical standards relevant to the established goals, objectives of the project and World Vision International (WVI). As well as provide technical support to the project staff and supervise the financial management of the grant in relation to project goals and objectives, monthly activity planning , implementation and follow up of expenditures, budgets in accordance with WV regulations.
- Project Management & Implementation:
• Ensure that beneficiary consultation and assessment of needs is done in order to provide information that assist in project design and implementation.
• Lead the planning and implementation of the project according to the approved proposal.
• Manage the budget planning and expenses according to the approved budget.
• Recruit , train and provide technical support to project staff
• Monitor and evaluate the implementation of the project according to approved stated objectives, plans of action, budgets and record progress.
• Lead and conduct project launching workshop and baseline and end line assessment and evaluation.
• Ensure integration of education and child protection activities to mitigate the impact of conflict on children.
• Lead and supervise coordination with related stakeholders to implement the project.
• Liaise and meet with donors and other stakeholders for purposes of networking, information sharing and nurture partnership.
• Ensure timely ordering, purchase of needed material through coordination with the World Vision South Sudan procurement team.
• Ensure timely submission of quality project progress reports, and other information as required, for the donor.
• Work closely with the Finance Department on project budget, financial reports, cash flows, etc.
• Monitor the filing records and correspondence related to the project.
• Represent WVSS at relevant inter-agency coordination and donor meetings.
• Conduct weekly and monthly meeting with project staff and community representatives.
• Participate in resource mobilization for the Response under the education sector.
- Manage Project Staff:
• In collaboration with Emergency Operations Manager, Area Team Leader and P&C department identify, select, recruit and evaluate assigned project staff
• Provide leadership, mentoring, and coaching to project staff.
• Call for staff meeting for the team to share lessons learned, experiences, observations, and obstacles, to review and update the projects plans of actions if needed.
• In consultation with the Human Resources Department Provide opportunities for capacity building to project team to ensure proper technical and personal development.
• Effectively manage the performance of direct reports ensuring performance agreements, regular performance reviews, and annual appraisal are done.
• Ensure compliance with World Vision’s policies.
- Other Duties:
• Abide by the security procedures and policies and report any breaches.
• Attend and participate in capacity building training locally and internationally if any.
• Establish strong coordination mechanisms with community representatives and other implementing agencies
• Perform other relevant tasks as assigned.
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
• UNICEF PCA Education project staff
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a development related field such as education social work, sociology and other social sciences.
• Experience in project management and budget management.
• Excellent written and spoken English.
• A high level of networking skills is required.
• Ability to travel across the country.
• Strong capacity building and facilitation skills.
• Ability to cope and maintain performance expectations under pressure.
• Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment.
N.B: This position is open to South Sudanese Nationals Only.
N.B: The incumbent of this position will be a Relocatable Staff.
APPLICATION & DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SENT TO:
If you failed to log in you can drop your applications to the following physical address:
World Vision South Sudan Office, Hai Cinema (next to MTN Office)
Plot N*1, Block BX 2nd Class, Hai Cinema.
Your application should include:
- A cover letter addressed to the People & Culture Director.
- A comprehensive CV
The closing date for applications is October, 5th, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
The candidate finally selected should comply with the child protection policy applied in the Organization.