Job Title : Human Resource & Administration Manager
Location : Juba, South Sudan
Reports to : Country Director
Start date : Sept 1st 2019
Application deadline: 19th July 2019
VALUES, VISION AND PURPOSE
At Food for the Hungry, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call “The Heartbeat.” This includes our Values, Vision, and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as an organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty.
POSITION IN THE ORGANIZATION
The HR & Admin Manager reports hierarchically to Country Director and is a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
Currently this is an individual role without subordinates but it might change in the near future.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To guide and manage the overall provision of human resource services, policies and programs for FH in South Sudan, including general administration of HR practices.
*Please note: this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Key Result #1 – HR strategy and Policy development (20%)
- Develop, implement, and maintain HR policies and procedures that are aligned with organizational priorities and demands as well as country law. In line with this, develop HR tools that are supportive of the policies within the organization.
- Update and maintain HR manuals and handbooks for employees and management.
- Partner with the program teams to ensure that adequate HR inputs are provided and incorporated during development and implementation of all projects/programs.
- Coach and advice management regarding interpretation and execution of HR policies and procedures and compliance with applicable legislation and regulations.
- Support the development of an organizational culture that reflects FH values, promotes accountability and high performance, and encourages a team culture of learning, creativity and innovation.
Key Result #2 – Manage HR Business processes (20%)
- Ensure that personnel files are maintained and contain relevant and up to date staff information.
- Ensure all contracts that relate to service providers such as medical health, leases, and staff members are accurate and renewed in good time.
- Ensure the timely processing of the national staff payroll in compliance with statutory deduction.
- Ensure high level of confidentiality regarding personnel data and ensure that all employee information is kept up to date, is complete and held in a secure place.
- Ensure that staff leave days are updated regularly and are up to date.
Key Result #3 – Manage Admin function (15%)
- Ensure and provide all necessary document for international staff members (work permit, expat registration, alien registration etc.).
- Ensure that local staff member is insured.
- Ensure and provide all necessary documents related to the mission (mission registration, tax certificate etc.).
- Ensure that exit interviews are undertaken with all staff leaving the organization and that any issues regarding staff retention are addressed.
Key Result #4– Manage Staff learning and development (15%)
- Advice staff and managers on use and interpretation of the performance management system and advise on managing poor and outstanding performance, and linking performance review to annual increments and learning and development;
- With the senior management team and line managers ensure that performance management is implemented effectively.
Key Result #5 – Manage compensation and benefits schemes and legal issues (10%)
- Develop, implement and manage compensation and benefits policies and schemes (including terms of conditions of employment, contracts and medical insurance) for the national staff, in line with local labor law.
- Lead the mission in participating in periodic market salary surveys and make recommendations on pay and benefits based on market data.
- Represent the organization in legal issues, seeking advice from relevant authorities.
- Play an advisory role in disciplinary procedures and grievances including conducting investigations if required.
Key Result #6 – Manage Recruitment and selection processes (15%)
- In close collaboration with line managers, take lead in recruitment processes that span the fully cycle of advertising of positions to making the final offer.
- Provide leadership in the induction on boarding processes in collaboration with line managers.
Key Result #7 Security management and leadership (5%) .
Coordinate and communicate with the Security Officer and CD to ensure that staff members are properly supported with security information and that Duty of Care is observed.
Support Timely Incident Reporting and Response.
Support coordination and implementation of security management
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty/function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working knowledge and experience in developing HR strategy, HR polices and guidelines as well as functional tools.
- Knowledge in strategy development processes, change management
- Experience in dealing with government departments on issues of visas, registration, tax, movement of personnel etc
- Possess good knowledge of labor law and country legislation
- Excellent technical knowledge on general HR areas as indicated by the key result areas
- Experience in training and capacity building
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Basic Arabic for communication
- Excellent planning skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, organized, with the ability to proactively solve problems
- Ability to learn new concepts and ideas, adaptable
- Strong working knowledge of computers and MS Office Suite
- Ability to travel (up to 20% per year, domestic and possibly internationally)
- Ability to gather and analyze critical information for reporting and designing systems such as pay scales
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in Human Resource Management or a related field and at least five years of working experience in HR within an NGO. Master’s Degree in related filed is desirable.
In the future this position might be supported by HR Officer and/or HR interns that will require supervision by HR & Admin Manager.
Language: Proficiency in spoken and written English required. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to submit their applications, CV and three reference at least one from your place of worship on 19th July 2019 to FH South Sudan Office in Juba located in Kololo CIC Africa Insurance building, during working hours.
You can also send your application and supporting documents through e-mail to: [email protected] .
This position is only for South Sudanese Nationals. Female Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be notified including the date of formal interview and the application documents are non-refundable.