This course offers an introduction to GIS and how it is used in public health and epidemiological research. It will introduce participants to the basics including working with and integrating spatial and non-spatial data; geographic scale and spatial precision; decoding; visualization; thematic mapping; and understanding spatial relationships. Specific skills and tools will be introduced in relation to assessing exposure to a range of environmental risks, and a particular focus will be given to methods for spatial linkage of exposure, contextual and confounder information for epidemiological or health risk assessment studies.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Public health practitioners, epidemiologists, exposure scientists, quantitative health geographers, risk assessors, students.
. COURSE OBJECTIVES
By the end of this course, the learner will - within a public health context - be able to:
- Understand the basics of spatial data and its role in decision making
- Undertake spatial analysis of environment and health data
- Explain why geographic data and tools are important for health decision makers
- Understand geography as a unifying framework and GIS as a tool to collect, link, analyze, visualize, manage, and share data and information
- Distinguish between the different tools used to collect, analyze, and manipulate geographic data
- Communicate with technical specialists to develop program-specific geographic products Work with and integrate spatial and non-spatial data
- Integrate data from different geographic scales and spatial precision
- Geocode and visualize spatial data
- Investigate spatial patterns of health risks and disease rates
- Produce thematic maps and reports
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.
Email: training @versedpro.com
HOW TO REGISTER ONLINE
To register online to book your spot, click on this link http://bit.ly/2XHX78V
For full details,click on this:http://bit.ly/2G4QrvF