Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) have improved prospects for solving technical problems through the use of Geographical Information Systems (GIS) for hazard mapping and modeling, the use of web-based data sources to facilitate research on disaster management and the use of searchable databases for hazard information. Not all Caribbean countries, however, have been able to fully utilize these opportunities.
This course aims to impart practical skills on how to use GIS, to overcome the major challenges faced in all phases of disaster management.
WHO IS THIS TRAINING INTENDED FOR?
The training is intended for professionals working in development areas mostly in DRM related fields.
Upon completion of the training, the participants will be able to describe and utilize spatial data through manipulating it in the phases of pre disaster, during disaster and post disaster.
- Disaster Management Concepts and Institutional Framework
- Geoinformatics, GIS data sources, and data collection
- Hazard, Vulnerability and Risk assessment with QGIS
- Application of Risk Information for Risk Reduction Planning
- Applications of Geoinformation
- Global and National Initiatives
- Public Participatory GIS and Disaster Risk Management
- GIS for Post Disaster Damage Assessment
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.
Email: training @versedpro.com
HOW TO REGISTER ONLINE
To register online to book your spot, click on this link http://bit.ly/2LiaHhr
For full details, Click on this link http://bit.ly/2NOCQyT