JOB VACANCY: Statistical Data Clerk
AVSI Foundation is a global non-governmental organization with headquarters in Italy. Its mission is to support human development in developing countries according to the social teaching of the Catholic Church: recognizing the uniqueness of each person, who as such cannot be reduced to a number within an anonymous category such as “the poor, the sick, the disabled”. Furthermore, every person and every community represent a resource, regardless of their vulnerability. This is why AVSI works to help people in becoming aware of their own value and dignity. AVSI is operating in South Sudan since 2005, implementing medium to long-term sustainable health, education, water & sanitation, food security and emergency relief programmes.
The organisation is now seeking to recruit suitable qualified South Sudanese national only for the position of Statistical Data Clerk
Statistical Data Clerk will be responsible to collect data and compile timely and quality reports for Education/Health project, targeting schools and Health Facilities. He will be in charge of supervision of field officers and to provide training and mentoring in order to improve their skill and capacity of data collection, analysis and reporting. He/She will conduct frequently field visits for data evaluation and food storage/distribution supervision. In addition he/she will support with His/her activity the routine data collection in Health Facility.
Duty Station: Isohe/Ikotos, Ikotos County, EES
Report to: Area Team Leader
Responsibilities and Duties
• To assist in recording beneficiaries of Education/Health projects, in Schools and Hospital and support the routine hospital data
• To Support and supervision of food storage and distribution in the Hospital/target schools.
• To provide monthly reports for Education/health project ensuring high quality, accurate data compilation and timely submission.
• To conduct regular field visits in order to support the field officers under his supervisions.
• To regularly follow up with the field officers in order to resolve data inconsistencies and other questionable data attributes.
• To attend update training both formal and on the job, when requested
• Any other duty requested by the supervisors.
• At least a senior four leaver’s certificate.
• Previous experience in data collection
• Working experience with an NGO or private sector will be an added advantage.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Computer skills (Microsoft package)
• Good writing skills
• Accuracy in data collection and management
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadline
• Ability to work independently
How to Apply:
Applications should include updated non refundable Curriculum Vitae (CV) and cover letter. In the cover letter (of no more than two pages in length) the candidate should briefly describe his or her motivation for the position and highlight relevant experience.
The above documents can be delivered to any AVSI Office in the Country:
• Juba – Nimra Talata
• Isohe – Next to St. Theresa Clinic.
Or send in soft copy to [email protected], [email protected] only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing data: 15th February 2016
Due to the urgency of these roles, AVSI reserves the right to shortlist applications prior to the closing date