Intex Management Institute offers Online and Distance Learning Certificate Course in Climate Change
Start Date: 9th November 2018
Course End Date: 9th January 2019
Registration Deadline: 8th November 2018
Climate change and the need for environmental protection are global problems and call for a knowledgeable response from all countries in order to be effectively addressed. Climate change is the defining issue of our era. Hardly a day passes without a newspaper, a broadcast or a politician making at least one reference to the threats it poses and the urgency of taking action, immediately to limit the effects and, in the longer term, to adapt to the changes that are sure to come.
For climate change is upon us, and the problem is here to stay. But it is still in our power – as individuals, businesses, cities and governments – to influence just how serious the problem will become.
- Introduction to Climate Change
- Understanding the Climate System
- Natural Temporal Variability In The Climate System
- Human Impacts on the Climate System
- Modeling Climate Change
- Climate Prediction
- Observations for Long-Term Climate Monitoring
- Modeling, Detection, and Attribution of Recent and Future Climate Change
- Potential Impacts of Climate Change
- Climate Change Adaptation, And Mitigation
- understand the physical basis of the natural greenhouse effect, including the meaning of the term radiative forcing
- know something of the way various human activities are increasing emissions of the natural greenhouse gases, and are also contributing to sulphate aerosols in the troposphere
- demonstrate an awareness of the difficulties involved in the detection of any unusual global warming ‘signal’ above the ‘background noise’ of natural variability in the Earth’s climate and of attributing (in whole or in part) any such signal to human activity
- Understand that although a growing scientific consensus has become established through the IPCC, the complexities and uncertainties of the science provide opportunity for climate skeptics to challenge the Panel’s findings.
Intex Management Institute was registered in 1983. We have been offering a wide range of Human Resource Management training programs both online and open workshops, building capacity to enhance effective service delivery for NGOs, CBOs, Public and Private sector.
Currently we are training participants from various organizations such as UNDP – Burundi, World Food Programme – Zimbabwe, Red Cross – South Sudan, State Ministry of Education – South Sudan, MEDAIR – South Sudan, Norwegian Refugee – Liberia, Zenab for Women Development - Sudan, Action AID, Word Health Organization, AMREF, USAID, National AIDs Control Council, International Committee of the Red Cross,CRS South Sudan, Action Africa Help International among others.
Climate Change Certificate Course
** Duration :2 MONTHS **
Course Fees: 400USD
Contacts : [email protected]