from SSP - Procurement Training & Advisory
Registration deadline: 04 April 2020 — Training date: 10th April 2020 to 13 Apr 2020
Certificate in Procurement & Logistics – Humanitarian Context
Purpose: To provide participants with a general overview of some of the key principles of Procurement & Logistics in a Humanitarian context and its elements.
· Knowledge: To introduce participants to the procurement & logistics world and expand their understanding of humanitarian response from a logistics perspective in emergency context.
· Critical Thinking: To review case studies, how the situation was managed, lesson learned how to better handle future similar events.
· Capacity & Efficiency development: To build the capacity of the attendees so they can be prepared for working in the emergency context.
· Planning: Plan effective processes for procurement, warehousing, fleet, assets and distribution
· Procedures: Identify the key procedures required to establish effective logistics services network.
Facilitated by Mr KWOBA David CIPM, CSPSK, MCIPS Chartered– CEO - SSP
Day 1 (09:30 – 16:30) Procurement – Theory
Day 2 (09:30 – 16:30 ) Procurement - Practice/Storage and warehousing
Day 3 (09:30 – 16:30 ) Warehouse Management /Vehicle safety and Operations
Day 4 (09:30 – 16:30 ) Assets – Distributions – Group Task.
The course is aimed at:
Those working in government or aid organisations who are head office based and involved in some aspect of Emergencies I.E. in fundraising, Institution Manager, Finance manager & Officers, Drivers, public relations, Logistician, Procurement officer, Emergency coordinator, Supply Chain Coordinator, equipping them with this refresher course to raise a more in-depth knowledge of this field.
Those who work in the aid field and operation and would like to have a refresher course.
Those who have got limited knowledge in the subject matter but would like to understand Logistics in Humanitarian context.
· Professional Logisticians from the Private Sector who are interested in learning more about the Humanitarian Logistics Sector.
·Individuals who are keen to learn more about what role logistics plays in a Humanitarian context and who may wish to look for employment in this sector in the near future.
The participant will be able to demonstrate humanitarian logistics operations.
Individuals: $525 NGO/Charities: $800 per person Special rates for those who wish to block book for a discount.
HOW TO REGISTER
Register your interest by contacting [email protected] and reference Cert in Humanitarian Logistics Week 1 Early booking is recommended.