Action Institute for Professional Studies is a leading and fully accredited provider of Research, Training, and Consultancy services to International Development Organizations. We assist our partners to increase the impact and efficiency of their social interventions by providing a range of innovative solutions for sustainable results.
OUR ACCREDITATION NUMBER: NITA/TRN/2048
We are pleased to invite you or your organization staff to participate in our Diploma in Livelihoods and Food Security Online Training Course. We have intakes on the 5th of every month.
JULY 2022 INTAKE IS IN PROGRESS. APPLY NOW!!!
The enjoyment of the highest attainable standard of health is one of the fundamental rights of every human being without distinction of race, religion, and political belief, economic or social condition. For centuries, public Health throughout the world has been recognized as having a concern for the health of humans. It has also been recognized that the treatment of illness in an individual is different than public health’s focus on preventing disease and protecting the health of a population. Public health helps guide in practical decision making that may affect populations based on scientific evidence and in accordance with accepted values and standards of right and wrong.
This course will equip learners with the capacity to execute the following;
(a) Monitor health status to identify community health problems
(b) Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in a community,
(c) Inform, educate and empower people with health issues
(d) Mobilize community partnerships and action to identify and solve health problems
(e) Enforcement of laws and regulations that [protect health and ensure safety
(f) Research on new insights and innovative solutions to health problems
- Introduction to Public Health Principles and Practice
· Public health: The population health approach
· Evidence-based public health
· Public health data and communications
· Social and behavioral sciences
- Primary Health care
· Community-based rehabilitation.
· Supervision and community-based data collection.
· Disaster and epidemics management
· Planning the implementation and evaluation of Public Health
- Public Health in a Global Context
· What is global health: Key concepts, successes, and challenges
· Gender, wellbeing and global health
· Calamity and connections
- Health Education, & Medical Education Methodology
· The concepts of health education and promotion.
· Socio-cultural factors in health education.
· Environment and health.
· Methods in health education.
· Instructional methods and research.
· Types of evaluation and evaluation methods.
There are four assignments (continuous assessment tests), research paper and one examination to be offered at the end of the course. Assignments account for 40%, research paper accounts for 30% while Examination accounts for 30% of the mark. Upon completion of the course, you shall be issued with a Diploma Certificate and a course transcript.
Certificate and Transcripts will be sent after the successful completion of the course.
Organizers: Action Institute for Professional Studies
Target Audience: Global
Format: Online and Distance Learning
Email: [email protected]
Tel no: +254 727 616 783
Lucy Chege | Administrator | Call Us / WhatsApp**: +254 727 616 783**