Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya
Event Date: 21st – 25th May 2018.
Despite all efforts undertaken both nationally & internationally, poor nutritional status is still a fundamental cause of most non-communicable diseases and shortened life-span. The nutritional assessment and survey is done to obtain information about the prevalence and geographic distribution of nutritional disorders within a community or a specified population group. It can also be used to identify high-risk groups and to assess the role of different epidemiological factors in nutritional deficiency.
There are mainly two software programs used in nutrition assessments and surveys; ENA and EpiInfo. ENA analytical program has automated functions for sample size calculations, sample selection, quality checks, standardization for anthropometry measurements, and report generation with automatic analyses. It facilitates survey planning, data collection, analysis and reporting with the ability to generate automatic standard tables and graphs for anthropometric indices and plausibility check reports. On the other hand, EpiInfo contains a module for making questionnaires and has much more sophisticated statistical functions. The two software can also be combined to ENA/EpiInfo software which combines the advantages of both systems.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This is an intermediate course targeting participants with basic knowledge of Nutrition. It is recommended to project officers’ implementing nutrition projects, researchers, epidemiologist and students.
By the end of the training, participants should be able to:
- Understand the importance of nutrition assessments and survey
- Understand the basic anthropometric techniques application and reference standards
- Gain a general knowledge of how to install and work with ENA software
- Gain a general knowledge of how to install and work with EpiInfo software
- Program data entry forms
- Produce automated analyses of key mortality and nutrition indicators
- Conduct automated plausibility and data quality checks
- Generate reports that include results of these automated analyses.
- Install and work with ENA/EpiInfo Software
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Introduction to ENA Software
- Introduction of EpiInfo Software
- ENA/EpiInfo Software
- Working With ENA/EpiInfo Software
How to participate
- Tailor make your course.
- Register as an individual.
- Register as a group.
- Become one of our partners.
- Purchase software’s
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
- HIV/AIDS Prevention, Control and Management Course
- Public Health in WASH during Emergencies Course
- Nutrition Assessment and Survey using ENA/ EPIINFO Course
- Installation, use and Maintenance of DHIS2 Course
- Prevention and Awareness of FGM Course
The most popular courses
- Resilience in Food Security Analysis Course
- Data Management, Graphics and Statistical analysis using SPSS Course
- Mobile Data Collection and Mapping for M&E and Scientists Course
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Course
- Emergency Planning and Management Course
- GIS and Remote Sensing in Land Cover, Land Change Analysis Course
- Procurement and Supply Chain Management Course
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814
Email [email protected]
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: [email protected].
Mob: +254 715 077 817
Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B 14th May 2018 .
Send proof of payment to [email protected]