Event: Training Course on Nutrition and Food Safety.
Venue: Indepth Research Training Centre, Nairobi, Westlands.
Event Date: 29th -09th JUNE.
In order to live, we must eat. The kind of food we eat affects how our bodies work. Not eating enough or not eating the right kinds of foods can cause people to have a higher risk of illness and death. Throughout the entire life cycle, good nutrition results in greater cognitive, motor, and social development, educational attainment, productivity, and lifetime earnings. On the other hand, the safety, quality and nutritional value of the food we eat is of fundamental importance to our health and wellbeing. Food safety and nutrition are therefore key concerns for public health.
This course is purposed to enlighten the participants on basic principles of Nutrition, health and food safety. They will learn about macro and micronutrients, digestion, food safety and technology and nutrition for an active lifestyle. Participants will also conduct a thorough self-dietary analysis.
Who should attend?
This course is highly recommended to community health extension workers working in areas that experience frequent famines and droughts, projects officers in NGO’s, teachers/children care givers, food service professionals and to team leaders of corporate organizations. It is also suitable for anyone wishing to know more about nutrition and those willing to live a healthy lifestyle focusing on lifestyle disease prevention.
After completing this course, the participants shall be able to:
• Describe the characteristics of essential nutrients and evaluate the use of scientific research to determine nutrient needs.
• Examine the various factors that make a healthy diet and design menus using My Pyramid and Dietary Guidelines.
• Outline the functions of (carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, vitamins) and discuss the effects of deficiency and excess intake.
• Assess the importance of water and minerals to the human body.
• Describe problems associated with obesity and discuss how it can be treated.
• Discuss healthy ways to buy, prepare, cook, and preserve food.
• Outline the causes and effects of a few eating disorders and discuss the possible modes of treatment.
> Visit our website for more details.
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request to a minimum of 4 participants. You can have it delivered in our training centre or at a convenient location.
View related courses.
• [Training Course on Installation, use and Maintenance of DHIS2.]
• Training Course on Nutrition and Food Safety.
• Training Course on Mapping Nutrition Preparedness in Emergency..
• Training Course on ICT for HIV/AIDS Surveillance and Reporting.
• Training Course on HIV/AIDS Prevention, Control and Management.
The most popular courses
• Training Course on Small-Scale Livestock Development and Extension Techniques.
• Training Course on Installation, Use and Management of OPENHDS and ODK.
• [Training Course on Principles and Practice of Research Data Management and Collection in health.
• [Training course on Monitoring and Evaluation for Governance (Decentralization and Local Governance).
• Training Course on Mobile Phone Based Data Collection Using ODK.
• Training Course on Collaborative Conflict Resolution.
• Training course on GIS and Remote Sensing, Analysis, Mapping and Visualization with Quantum GIS.
• Training Course on Policy Advocacy for Gender Responsive Public Services.
View course catalogue on health and social care Institute .
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814, +254 731240802, +254 735331020.
Email [email protected]