Event: Training Course on Data Management, Analysis, and Graphics using Stata
Venue: Indepth Research Training Centre, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 29th May – 02nd June 2017.
Stata is a complete statistical software package for data management, data analysis and graphics. It comprises classical and advanced functions including: panel data analysis, forecasting, time series analysis, survival analysis, cross sectional and longitudinal survey methods, structural equation modeling, simulation methods and tables for almost all researchers and analysts. The software can be used via a graphical user interface (menus and dialog boxes) or a command-line interface using its very intuitive programming language. Stata benefits from a very active user community giving support on a dedicated mailing list (Statalist) and developing new packages to extend the software capabilities.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This is a general course targeting participants with elementary knowledge of Statistics from Agriculture, Economics, Food Security and Livelihoods, Nutrition, Education, Medical or public health professionals among others who already have some statistical knowledge, but wish to be conversant with the concepts and applications of statistical modeling. No Prior attendance of a Stata course is required.
By the end of the training, you will be able to:
• Understand both descriptive and inferential statistics
• Understand various data collection techniques and data processing methods
• Use mobile phones for data collection(Open data Kit)
• Use basic functions and navigation within Stata
• Create and manipulate graphs and figures in Stata
• Annotate data, set out command functions, create and execute Do files.
• Use Stata effectively for manipulating and analysing data.
• Keep records of your work and create reproducible analyses.
• Export the results of your analyses.
Visit our website for more details
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request to a minimum of 4 participants. You can have it delivered in our training centre or at a convenient location.
How to participate
Tailor Make your Course
View related courses
• Training Course on Research Design, Data Management, Analyses & Use
• Training Course on Data Management, Graphics and Statistical analysis using SPSS
• Training Course on Processing and Analysis of Data for Surveys/Assessment (Methodology and Software)
The most popular courses
• Training Course on Agro Entrepreneurship & Market Facilitation
• Training Course on Introduction to Health System Management
• Training Course on CSPro For Android and Smartphones
• Training Course on Result Based Monitoring and Evaluation
View Research, Data Management and Statistical Analysis Institute Institute Course Catalogue
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814, +254 731240802, +254 735331020.
Email [email protected]