In today’s competitive, pressure-packed world, there’s no stronger imperative than to “get things done” – many things, and in increasingly limited amounts of time. For many organisations, the daily challenge is meeting goals and managing the projects that seem to rise in direct proportion to the falloff of available time. How can project managers and organisations defend against and conquer the onslaught of projects that advances more ruthlessly with each passing day? One way to resolve to work smarter, and not harder. Strategic Project Design and Management training is designed to enable project managers and organisations to do just that. This training will show participants how to conceive, plan, implement, monitor, and complete the complex projects that are today’s pressing workplace priorities. Each of the modules simplifies the how-tos and whys of project design and management, and provides useful guidelines. Participants will be equipped with strategies on how to plan, manage, and succeed in the process. It provides a wealth of effective strategies that will help participants rise to the occasion of each new project and conquer it not by working longer hours, but by working smarter.
FOR WHOM IS THIS TRAINING INTENDED?
The training is targeted to: Project Managers, Project Officers and staff, and project coordinators involved in project management development work, community leaders, Policy makers, Donors and project sponsors among other development actors.
By the end of the training participants will be able to:
- Explain their expectations for successful projects and develop means of implementing them through improved planning, communication, and project monitoring.
- Describe tools and methods that can be used to better understand the community they serve.
- Work through the steps of project planning, develop a potential project for their community, and learn a process they can replicate with their communities.
- Develop a plan for how they will apply the skills and knowledge learned in the course to their jobs and share them with others.
This Training comprises seven (7) modules. The module outline is included below:
Module 1: Introduction to Project Management
* Project versus Process
* Project Characteristics
* Historical overview of project management
* Project management and process management
* Project Management vs. General Management
- Module 2: Project Organization
- Functional Organization
- Production Organization
- Matrix Organization
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Pure Matrix Form of Organization
- Modified Matrix Structures
- Pure Matrix Organization Structure
- Project Organization and Responsibilities
- Selection of Project Organization Structure
- Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)
Module 3: Project Scope and Estimation of Times and Cost
* Project Kick-Off Meeting
* Project Scope Management
* Activity Resource Estimating
* Project Time Management
* Cost of the Project
* Components of Capital Cost of a Project
* Order of Magnitude Estimate
Module 4: Project Planing and Scheduling
* Project Scheduling
* Scheduling Techniques
* Developing a Project Network
* Plan Activity-On-Node Network techniques
* Time Calculations
Module 5: Progress and Performance Measurement
* The Project Control Process
* Performance Indicators
* Project Monitoring, Evaluation and Control
Module 6: Project Risk Management and Management (PRAM)
* Why Risk Management is Important to a Project
* Benefits of using Project Risk Analysis and Management
* When to use Project Risk Analysis and Management
* Who should do Project Risk Analysis and Management?
* Techniques and Methods for Project Risk and Management
Module 7: Documentation, Audit, Termination and Closure
* Project Documentation and Audit
* Project Termination and Closure
* Celebrating and Thanking
* Assessment of Project Management in Participants’ Organisation
* Final Examination
* Participants Evaluation of Course/Feedback
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
EVENT FEE & REGISTRATION
The training event fee is USD$1050, This caters for Facilitation, 2 Refreshment breaks (Morning & Afternoon Snack) & Buffet Lunch during the entire training period. This does not cover accommodation and travel logistics. We can organize for your Accommodation & Airport pick up at an Extra cost.
To Register online for this course click on this link (REGISTER ONLINE) or click on this link for more details (MORE COURSE DETAILS)