Event Details: Public Health in WASH during Emergencies Training
In the event of a disaster, the existing water storage facilities are inadequate to meet the current or expected demands. The existing water supply pipelines are vulnerable and basic WASH materials are lacking to meet the demand in the event of the disaster. Preparedness and response capacities of health facilities are insufficient due to the lack of trained professional human resources, lack of coordination and inadequate policies. Issues at Health Sector level include the lack of health personnel preparedness for hazards other than epidemics, lack of awareness and knowledge on DRM, the lack of implementation of the health disaster preparedness and response plans, and no mechanism for networking and resources sharing.
- Epidemiological Management During Emergency
- Solid/ Medical Waste Management
- Sanitation, its importance, type and its use during emergency
- Practical on toilet construction during an emergency
- Six Steps to Hygiene Promotion
- Communicating Hygiene
- Conclusion: Hygiene Promotion: Practical and Effective
- Application of GIS in WASH and public health
- Spatial Data collection in GIS for WASH and public health
HOW TO REGISTER ONLINE
To register online to book your spot, click on this link Online Registration Form
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on the details below:
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.
Email: [email protected]
Office Location: Utumishi Co-op Hse, Mamlaka rd, Off Nyerere Rd, Nairobi