Project Management Course
Project management is the application of processes, methods, knowledge, skills and experience to achieve the project objectives. It is the initiation, planning and control of a wide range of tasks required to deliver this end product. Essentially it is aimed at producing an end product that will effect some change for the benefit of the organization that instigated the project.
This project management course covers the activities in each of the five processes of Project Management (PM), namely Initializing, Planning, Executing, Controlling and Closing.
The aim of this course
This will provide learners with skills and competences on the best practices in project planning, project performance and management as well as project controls.
• What is project management
• Concepts of project management
• Project initiation overview
• Project planning, implementation, control and close
• Scheduling and planning
• Effective implementation and completion of project
• Project implementation constraints
• Project budgeting
• Development of work plan
• Approaches of project management cycle
• Logical framework
• Project indicators
• Risk analysis
• Project monitoring and evaluation
By the end of training the learners will learn how to:
• Clearly define project scope and management
• Develop a realistic schedule which meets the project constraints
• Prepare a plan, understand its purpose and why it comprises more than just a schedule
• Identify the project’s quality objective and implement appropriate controls to ensure they are achieved
• Develop status reports which reflect reality
• Identify and continually manage risks which could derail the project
• Manage stakeholders to ensure they remain committed to be involved in the project
• Build effective teams which are committed to the project goals
• Evaluate performance of the team
• Estimate and control project budgets
Who should attend
The course is designed for Project managers, Project leaders, Project team members, engineers, project procurement staff, project accountants and all those who have the responsibility for project management.
Registration deadline :04/07/2017