Monitoring and Evaluation
Monitoring is an ongoing task to tract progress against planned tasks. Monitoring aims at providing regular oversight of the implementation of an action in terms of input delivery, work schedules targeted outputs. The data got through monitoring is used for evaluation.
Project Evaluation represents a systematic and objective assessment of ongoing or completed projects or programs in terms of their design, implementation and results. Evaluation deals with strategic issues such as program/project relevance, effectiveness, efficiency in light of specified objectives as well as project impact and sustainability.
The aim of this course
This will equip you with the necessary knowledge to collect, tabulate and interpret data and information in an organized manner which will guide management decisions in M& E process.
The course content will cover the following:
• Concepts of monitoring and evaluation
• Problem analysis
• Result based management
• Monitoring and Evaluation readiness assessment
• Monitoring and evaluations Frame work
• Types of framework
• Selecting indicators
• Outcome statements
• Data collection, capture and quality checks
• How to define data quality, quantitative and qualitative methods and data analysis
• Techniques for monitoring and evaluation
• Preparation and implementation of monitoring and evaluation
After completing the course the leaner will be able to:
• Understand the concepts of monitoring and evaluation
• Appraise and determine best fit monitoring methods
• Appreciate evaluation in the context of development work
• Understand the framework of analytical categories of evaluation
• Undertake a problem analysis
• Determine relevant indicators and data necessary for evaluation
• Prepare for and implement a monitoring and evaluation process
• Develop a data indicators grid
M & E Officers, Project accountants, finance managers, project officers and managers, project planners and analysts, Audit staff and anyone interested to improve their Monitoring and Evaluation skills in NGOs and the private sector.
The course Duration is 2 months(8 weeks),training fee is USD400.Kindly confirm your participation by contacting :firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website:www.intexservices.co.ke