Mobile Phone Based Data Collection using ODK has been acknowledged world-wide by researchers, non-governmental organizations, relief agencies and health ministries among other organization as very useful and convenient data collection method substituting paper based data collection method. This training will equip participants with the ability to put in place all the pieces required for a mobile data collection system.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is a general training targeting participants undertaking projects, surveys, programs or other related activities which involves gathering of data. No prior Knowledge of mobile data collection is required.
The training is aimed at introducing and equipping participants with skills in;
- Designing & building a form using ODK build
- Uploading the form to aggregate & send to Android phone
- Setting up aggregate server
- Mobile data collection using ODK
- Submitting completed data to aggregate server
- Exporting data from ODK aggregate as CSV
- Importing ODK - CSV file into statistical applications
- Exporting GPS data for Mapping/Visualizing (fusion map)
Module I: General Introduction
Module II: Introduction to Open Data Kit ODK
Module III: Designing and creating Forms I
Module III: Designing and creating Forms II
Module IV: ODK Aggregate Server
Module V: Transform data and Using GPS Coordinates for Mapping/Visualizing
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
TO REGISTER FOR THE EVENT
For more details about this training Click (TRAINING EVENT DETAILS). To register for this training Click (REGISTRATION LINK)
For further inquiries, please contact us on
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.