Job title: Youth and Volunteer Development Officer
Unit/Dept./Delegation: Juba Branch
Reports to: Branch Director
The SSRC was established by law on 9 March 2012 with the SSRC Society Act, 2012. SSRC was formally recognised by the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) on 18 June 2013, making it the 189th National Red Cross or Red Crescent Society in the world. In November 2013 the SSRC was admitted into the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Cross Societies. SSRC’s headquarters is based in Juba with a total of ten (10) branches – one each in South Sudan’s ten states – and a growing network of 5 sub branches. There are currently over 250 SSRC staff across Headquarters and branches and approximately 5,000 volunteers across the country.
The society’s work is guided by seven fundamental principles (humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality) and by Strategy 2020, which voices our collective vision and determination to move forward in tackling the major challenges that confront humanity in the present decade. All our staff MUST abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles.
• To contribute to the development of the project on Youth livelihoods ,capacity building and psychological development in the state
• To support SSRC in developing and implementation of the integrated Youth development and lobby and advocacy for integrated risk management.
• To support project design, planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of the Youth development Project in the state.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide technical assistance to SSRC in assessment and identification of needs, priorities, objectives, outputs and core components and activities related to youth skills development , capacity building, livelihoods and psychological first aid/counseling with close support of the Juba Branch
• Develop Youth Development project ideas, concept notes and documents together with PMER in coordination with relevant, Movement and non-Movement stakeholders in the State
Identify funding and cooperation opportunities and develop project proposals accordingly.
• Provide program and technical lead in planning and implementation of Youth development project activities, including capacity building of relevant staff and volunteers
• Ensure progress on project implementation by providing programme management support to SSRC and volunteers including development and revision of quarterly adjusted action plans and budgets
• Develop and/or review necessary guidelines and standard operational procedures
• Participation in relevant coordination clusters, networks and working groups’ meetings on youth development
Programme Monitoring and Evaluation
• Develop a Project Monitoring and Evaluation Reporting (PMER) system for the project
• Initiate pre-assessments, Vulnerability and Capacity Assessment (VCA) process, baseline study etc. as relevant
• Monitor that the project is implemented in accordance with obligations and requirements specified in project documents, agreements and annual plans
• Undertake regular field-visits to the project’s sites
• Undertake project risk analysis and contribute to development of mitigation measures
• Undertake midterm and end of project evaluations, e.g. prepare ToR, transparent procedure for selection of evaluator, interviews/meetings, and participate in field trips for Evaluation Team.
• Submit project reports as required/specified in the MoU with NLRC and grant agreements/contracts with donors
• Draft project and monitoring reports, and provide inputs/comments to review/evaluation reports.
Partnership and Capacity Development
• Adopt, develop and review necessary policies and materials including the Youth Development Strategy
• Develop capacity in resource mobilization for Youth development projects and activities
• Strengthen cooperation and networking with relevant national and in-country international stakeholder
• Contribute to participatory budget development and revisions.
• Conduct regular budget monitoring; contribute to the preparation and timely submission of quarterly fund requests and financial reports as required.
Power of decision-making in relation to the tasks.
• Daily budget responsibility of project budget in line with budget guidelines and donor requirements
• Decision-maker in relation to project implementation in close coordination with NLRC Delegate.
Communication in relation to the tasks
• Daily communication with SSRC and NLRC counterparts
• Regular communication with SSRC management and NLRC counterpart
• Regular communication with stakeholders in country
• Project and Technical expertise within Organizational Development, Youth, volunteering, Humanitarian Values and Red Cross Principles
Proven skills within:
• Project formulation and development of project ideas and proposals
• Resource mobilization and financial management of projects supported by major donors capacity building skills
• Program management of development projects including planning, monitoring and reporting skills.
• Self-management skills: ability to set and implement working goals and plans with minimum external inputs
• Cultural sensitivity
• Patience and stress copying skills
• Result oriented
• Good communicator
• Strong analytical skills
• Diploma (or degree) in social sciences, Development Studies or equivalent technical field
• Development studies, Human Resource or equivalent training
• Proven skills in Volunteering or Youth Development
• 2 years of work experience in the field of Capacity building, managing people and talent development
• Project formulation and implementation of project ideas and proposals
• Experience in supporting organizational learning, accountability and performance management
• Experience of working for a humanitarian aid organisation
• Self-management skills: ability to set and implement working goals and plans with minimum external inputs.
• Self-supporting in computers (Windows, spread sheets, word processing)
• Excellent communication skills
• Knowledge of Red Cross and Red Crescent
• Fluent English and Arabic
How to apply;
Interested candidates should submit their application before 12/1/2017 either by email or directly to the address below.
All applications must clearly state the position and location on the back of envelop.
[email protected]. Or
South Sudan Red Cross Headquarters
Plot#4, Block Ministries, Munuki Area-Juba.
South Sudan Red Cross is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
THIS POSITION IS OPEN FOR SOUTH SUDANESE NATIONAL ONLY.