JOB VACANCY: FSL Project Manager (1)
AVSI Foundation is a global non-governmental organization with headquarters in Italy. Its mission is to support human development in developing countries according to the social teaching of the Catholic Church: recognizing the uniqueness of each person, who as such cannot be reduced to a number within an anonymous category such as “the poor, the sick, the disabled”. Furthermore, every person and every community represent a resource, regardless of their vulnerability. This is why AVSI works to help people in becoming aware of their own value and dignity. AVSI is operating in South Sudan since 2005, implementing medium to long-term sustainable health, education, water & sanitation, food security and emergency relief programmes.
The organisation is now seeking to recruit suitable qualified South Sudanese National for the position of FSL Project Manager.
Duty Station: Ikotos and Torit, Imotong State
The Food Security and Livelihood Project Manager will take the lead in managing all the FSL project related activities and contributing technical expertise towards acquiring new Agriculture and Food Security resources in order to achieve set strategic directions. Capacity development of National staff will be a key priority. This will include, but not limited to:
- Ensure quality Agriculture and Food Security technical designs and outputs that meet project objectives and are aligned with International best practice and consider cross cutting issues such as gender and sustainability
- Ensure appropriate support to the field sites where the program is implemented through regular visits.
- On the job training in Agriculture and Food Security approaches, management and project implementation for local staff
- Review progress of program objectives and targets in collaboration with the project managers.
- Monitor and evaluate projects and write reports for donors
- Monitor evolving needs of the specific communities being targeted and adjust programmatic priorities as necessary.
- Review technical aspects of internal and external reporting prepared by programmatic staff.
- When required, represent AVSI within the Agriculture and Food Security sector in Imotong State in working groups and Government
- Contribute technical expertise to new Agriculture and Food Security project designs
- Provide quality tools and guidelines to country programmes to ensure understanding of high quality programming, operations and advocacy in FSL programmes
- Support country programmes and head office in the recruitment of FSL staff and ongoing mentoring to support staff development in humanitarian FSL settings
• Bachelor degree or diploma in agricultural science or related field of study
• Specialist Agriculture technical and social training to degree level is an advantage
Knowledge and experience
• At least 4 years of professional experience
• Established reputation in the field of agriculture and FSL programming.
• Strong communication skills at a level appropriate for high level external representation and ability to tailor communications to different audiences
• Experience of working with FSL cluster coordination mechanisms
• Be willing to work in a team environment, travel and stay overnight at project site
• Experience with an NGO will be an added advantage.
• Experience to implement community involvement in implementing of programs
• Knowledge of cash or Voucher based programs is an advantage
• Fluency in written and spoken English, Juba Arabic
• Women are encouraged to apply.
• Proactive and takes initiative.
• Reporting experience, problem solving and diplomatic skills
• Respect when dealing with others.
• Identify him/herself with the mission, vision and values of AVSI.
How to Apply:
Applications should include updated Curriculum Vitae (CV), National ID, cover letter and salary expectation.
Please do not add additional documentation in this phase, not only will not be considered an advantage but as a sign of inability to follow guidelines.
In the cover letter (of no more than one page in length) the candidate should briefly describe his or her motivation for the position and highlight relevant experience.
The above documents can be delivered to any AVSI Office in the Country:
• Torit – On Katire Road before CHF compound
• Isohe – Next to St. Theresa Clinic.
Or send in soft copy to: email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Women are encouraged to apply
THE CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS IS July 26th 2017
Due to the urgency of these roles, AVSI reserves the right to shortlist applications prior to the closing date.