AVSI Foundation is a global non-governmental organization with headquarters in Italy. Its mission is to support human development in developing countries according to the social teaching of the Catholic Church: recognizing the uniqueness of each person, who as such cannot be reduced to a number within an anonymous category such as “the poor, the sick, the disabled”. Furthermore, every person and every community represent a resource, regardless of their vulnerability. This is why AVSI works to help people in becoming aware of their own value and dignity. AVSI is operating in South Sudan since 2005, implementing medium to long-term sustainable health, education, water & sanitation, food security and emergency relief programmes.
The organisation is now seeking to recruit suitable a qualified applicant for the position of Assessment and Monitoring & Evaluation Officer.
Duty Station: Ikotos and Torit, Imotong State
The Assessment and Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will support in technically managing all the surveys and M&E activities carried out by the organisation, contributing with technical expertise in the analysis of the project indicators and results, working directly with the team in the field and in collaboration with AVSI senior management team in Juba.
This will include, but not limited to:
- Designing, planning the logistical and organizational aspects, and overseeing the execution of surveys, particularly in the sector of nutrition, food security, education and protection sector
- Development and fine-tuning/adjustment of questionnaires to be used for rapid and standard assessments, project baseline/endline, and monitoring of good/service delivery
- Development and fine-tuning of project indicators to be used for project baseline/endline
- Data analysis and reporting, crafting of in-depth as well as brief assessment. Revision and editing of reports based on the gathered data
- Design and execution of key informant interviews
- ToR development and contracting of consultant teams, and enumerators
• Quantitative Analysis focused studies
Knowledge and experience
• At least 3 years of professional experience
• Knowledge (theory and practice) of survey design, including sampling strategies adapted for areas with limited access and demographic data
• Knowledge (theory and practice) of statistical analysis, including inferential statistics
• Experience in the development and adjustment to local context of questionnaires
• Experience in report writing, both of short briefs and in-depth
• Welcomed experience in qualitative evaluation, participatory planning, stakeholder analysis
• Welcomed experience in database development and management
• Excellent analytical skills, with proven experience of data analysis and report writing
• Good organizational skills and ability to support and coordinate multiple project at the sometime
• Aptitude for field work, including frequent redeployment into different bases
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Juba Arabic
• Proactive and takes initiative.
• Reporting experience, problem solving and diplomatic skills
• Respect when dealing with others.
• Identify him/herself with the mission, vision and values of AVSI.
How to Apply:
Applications should include updated Curriculum Vitae (CV), National ID, cover letter and Salary Expectation.
Please do not add additional documentation in this phase, not only will not be considered an advantage but as a sign of inability to follow guidelines.
In the cover letter (of no more than two pages in length) the candidate should briefly describe his or her motivation for the position and highlight relevant experience.
The above documents can be delivered to any AVSI Office in the Country:
• Torit – On Katire Road before CHF compound
• Isohe – Next to St. Theresa Clinic.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS IS July 28th 2017
Due to the urgency of these roles, AVSI reserves the right to shortlist applications prior to the closing date.