#view event details: Gender Mainstreaming in Agriculture and Rural Development Training
Agriculture is central to the livelihoods of the rural poor and in attainment of suitable development goals; gender equality further plays a crucial role in the achievement of these goals. However, gender differences arising from the socially constructed relationships between men and women affect the distribution of resources between them and cause many disparities in development.
At the end of the training, the learner will be able to:
- Gain basic skills in gender mainstreaming.
- Understand the place of gender in rural development.
- Seek to assist in advancing gender equality in agriculture and rural development sector
- Understand the gender issues and needs in the agriculture sector.
- Acquire skills on mainstreaming gender in the agriculture sector.
- Appreciate the need for gender-sensitive monitoring and evaluation in agriculture and food security.
- Impacts of gender mainstreaming
- Gender mainstreaming system
- Enabling environment for GMS
- Gender role in building sustainable livelihoods
- Gender and rural community development
- Gender mainstreaming in health and nutrition
- Mainstreaming gender in urban agriculture and food Security
- Mainstreaming gender in climate change adaptation planning for the agriculture sector
- Gender, agricultural diversity and the commercialization of agriculture
- Empowerment and access to decision making
- introduction to M&E in Gender and food security
- Gender issues in monitoring evaluation
#EVENT DETAILS & ONLINE REGISTRATION
LOCATION: NAIROBI, KENYA
DURATION: 5 DAYS
To register view event details and register online, Click on this link [EVENT DETAILS & ONLINE REGISTRATION]