Food insecurity and climate change are the two major global challenges humanity is facing. climate change is increasingly being perceived as one of the greatest challenges for food security.
This is because reduces the productivity of the majority of existing food systems and harms the livelihoods of those already vulnerable to food insecurity.
At the end of the training, the learner will be able to:
- Integrate food security and climate change concerns.
- Increase resilience of food systems to climate change.
- Develop low emissions agricultural strategies that do not compromise food security.
- Collect information, share knowledge and refocus research to a more set of complex set of objectives in the context of vulnerability analysis in climate change and food security in future.
- Facilitate participation of stakeholders in decision making and implementation.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Module 1: Impact of climate change on food and nutrition
- Module 2: Assessing impacts of climate change on food and nutrition tomorrow: Plausible scenarios of the future
- Module 3: Adaptation: Response options for food security challenges from climate change
- Module 4: Agriculture and GHG Emissions: Mitigation options with food security synergies
- Module 5: Coordination and coherence of food security and climate change policies and actions
#EVENT DETAILS & ONLINE REGISTRATION
LOCATION: NAIROBI, KENYA
DURATION: 5 DAYS
To view more details and register online to book your reservation, click on this link [EVENT DETAILS & ONLINE REGISTRATION]