Fake Job Adverts/Organisation - Urgent Action Aid

Dear all,

We have received report of a Job Vacancy Advertisements posted on various newspapers and emailed to people in South Sudan (not posted on this website) for positions with ‘Urgent Action Aid’.

Please note that it organisation is not an NGO registered with the forum and we believe that it is actually a scam advertisement/organisation.

Hello NGO Forum,

Thanks for alerting the public on this I personally came across that advert and knew the first time that it was unauthentic. I wrote back to the email source of those who posted it and warned them that if they continue posting such fake adverts, the consequencies could be severe should they be aprehended by agents of the law. We should protect our public from these criminals who in the name of fake NGOs take money from the people.

Thanks

Milton Khemis

Thanks so much for alerting us. Around March or April the same thing happened when an NGO called Horn of Africa Relief Aid posted on the NGO forum web site and many people became victims. Please be on a watch.

Regards

Luate

Dear NGO Forum,
Thanks a lot for this update, I came across the advert for this organization and after my application, I received an email that am pre shortlisted for the post to be based in Nimule but I need to acquire a GIA certificate which cost 115$. as my contract ran out with the current employer, I couldn’t wait to run up and down acquiring the document and upto now nothing has materialized. therefore the public need to be alert.
Let it end with me and I have already learnt a lesson.

Once Again, Thanks for the updates.

Gale Moses Azariaz