Data Processing and Management using Census and Survey Processing System (CSPro) Course
The Census and Survey Processing System (CSPro) is a tool for entering, editing, tabulating and disseminating data from surveys and censuses
During this course, participants will learn how to create the data dictionary, data entry screen and how to program checks and skips. The course then considers the data validation tools available including data comparisons and simple frequency tables. Finally, we show how data is stored in the system and how it can easily be exported for transfer to statistics packages such as SAS, SPSS and STATA as well as to Excel.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The course is designed for data processing coordinators/supervisors/data entry operators, researchers, demographers, and data managers, all level of persons who has the basic computer knowledge at least and who committed to work related to data processing of the survey or census. No previous experience of CSPro is required but participants are assumed to be comfortable with Windows based software.
• Understand about questionnaire, concept of data processing
• An understanding of data structures - you will be able to design your own data entry applications in the future
• An introduction to logic programming
• An appreciation of the steps involved in ensuring data quality
• Able to develop the data entry program and produce the data files from CSPro to other data files in different formats
• Able the preparation of data correction between the first entry and second entry
• Develop the data cleaning programs of the large surveys and Censuses for the advance course.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Tailor Made Training
Become one of Our Partners
View Research, Data Management and Statistical Analysis Institute Course Catalogue
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814, +254 731240802, +254 735331020.
Email [email protected]