Stata is a complete statistical software package for data management, data analysis and graphics. It comprises classical and advanced functions including: panel data analysis, forecasting, time series analysis, survival analysis, cross sectional and longitudinal survey methods, structural equation modeling, simulation methods and tables for almost all researchers and analysts The software can be used via a graphical user interface (menus and dialog boxes) or a command-line interface using its very intuitive programming language. Stata benefits from a very active user community giving support on a dedicated mailing list (Statalist) and developing new packages to extend the software capabilities.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is a general course targeting participants with elementary knowledge of Statistics from Agriculture, Economics, Food Security and Livelihoods, Nutrition, Education, Medical or public health professionals among others who already have some statistical knowledge, but wish to be conversant with the concepts and applications of statistical modeling. No Prior attendance of a Stata course is required.
By the end of the training, you will be able to:
• Understand both descriptive and inferential statistics
• Understand various data collection techniques and data processing methods
• Use mobile phones for data collection(Open data Kit)
• Use basic functions and navigation within Stata
• Create and manipulate graphs and figures in Stata
• Annotate data, set out command functions, create and execute Do files.
• Use Stata effectively for manipulating and analysing data.
• Keep records of your work and create reproducible analyses.
• Export the results of your analyses.
View Research, Data Management and Statistical Analysis Institute Course Catalogue
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814, +254 731240802, +254 735331020.
Email [email protected]