The Africa School of Project Management (ASPM) was established in the year 2000 in Kenya as a membership based professional management organisation.
The school has been pivotal in capacity building in South Sudan, South Africa, Botswana, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, Congo, Somalia, Tanzania, Burundi and Rwanda. The school has trained over 12,000 staffs who are involved in different projects and also conducted surveys, evaluations and research in different projects and businesses in Africa.
About the course
Upon successful completion of this course participants should be able to:
Discuss the relevance of reliable data collection process in Research
• Design appropriate research instruments
• Use relevant computer packages for data management and extrapolation
• Link research results to successful policy implementation
• To introduce the concepts of monitoring and evaluation and the value of implanting it in programs/projects
• To focus participant’s attention on monitoring and evaluation study designs
• M&E Data Management and Analysis
• To introduce participants to GIS software, data capture methods, analysis, data importation and mapping indicators using GIS Techniques)
• Get hands on skills on SPSS
• Conduct project Evaluations
• Engage in project operational Research
• Embrace use of data in informed decision making
•Fundamental concepts and tools for monitoring and evaluating programs Advanced Microsoft Excel.
•Observational data, quasi-experiments and correlation studies
•Social experiments, natural experiments and Randomized control trials Qualitative evaluation designs
•Conceptual issues in M&E data Data types and sources Planning data Collection
•Selecting study elements (Sampling) ICT tools for Data processing Comparison of Data analysis packages Basic data quality checks
•Basic exploratory data analysis procedures
•Introduction to Quantitative analysis (Descriptive Summaries, Data Tabulation methods) o Graphing qualitative data Graphing Quantitative data
•Performing common inferential statistical test (t-test, correlation, Chi Square, Analysis of variance (ANOVA)
• Regression analysis and econometrics
• Introduction to Geographic Information System (GIS)
• Introduction to GIS Software (Quantum GIS)
• Mobile GPS Field Work
• Mapping M&E Indicators with Quantum GIS
• Participatory Mapping and collective intelligence (Google Maps, Google Earth)
• Application and use of STATA
• Application/Use of Nvivo
• Importing and Coding Documents Importing and coding other items Classifying and Categorizing Data Grouping your data: collections and links Models and relationships
• Reporting and presenting your findings
Who Should Attend?
The course is recommended for the following;
• Departmental heads
• Data manager
• Research students
• Project or Departmental managers
• Project officers
• Staffs involved in making informed decision
• Anyone involved in development project
• Anyone who aspires to be a good manager
• Researchers & M&E officers.
The tuition fee is US D 980 Exclusive VAT.
How to Register
Kindly apply through the online application form at...
http://www.aspm.co.ke/index.php/online-application1 or drop us mail at email@example.com.
check www.aspm.co.ke for more information