Training course offers the concept of corporate social responsibility, which involves an examination of whether organizations should expand their focus from serving stockholders to also considering the impact of the firm’s activities on diverse stakeholders.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The course aims to address the needs of professionals in private companies, NGOs, international organizations and governments who would like to be involved in CSR and apply and embed the concept of CSR in their institution.
• Examine the scope and complexity of corporate social responsibility (CSR).
• Demonstrate a multi-stakeholder perspective in viewing CSR issues.
• Analyze the connections between corporate strategy and CSR and the impact on foundational organizational principles such as mission and vision.
• Compare and contrast the multiple viewpoints and tradeoffs that exist in the area of CSR.
• Analyze the complex issues confronting organizational leaders as they develop their CSR programs.
• Evaluate the level of commitment to CSR of various organizations and explain how it can be a source of competitive advantage.
• Analyze the impact of CSR implementation on corporate culture, particularly as it relates to social issues.
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request to a minimum of 4 participants. You can have it delivered in our training centre or at a convenient location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814, +254 731240802, +254 735331020.
Email [email protected]